COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY IN CAMBRIDGE AND LONDON ISLINGTON
About My Work
- My practice: I have run a Psychotherapy and Counselling practice in Cambridge and Islington North London for the last 40 years.
- Professional Membership: Accredited Member (13392) of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- BACP Registered Independent Counsellor/Psychotherapist.
- Referrals: Previous clients, GPs, many Employee Assistance Schemes, Insurance Companies, Frontline19 (a free and confidential service for frontline workers).
- Clients include: Business and creative professionals, health care workers and anyone who wishes to explore their inner self.
I work with individuals and couples on short and longer term contracts.
- Approach: I have an integrative approach which draws on a variety of therapeutic models, including working with drawing, writing and dreams.
- Abuse, Anxiety, Bereavement, Burnout
- Creative blocks, Depression, Health-related issues
- Post-Traumatic Stress, Relationships and Sexual matters
- Spiritual issues, Terminal illness.
- Workshops: 'Reflecting On Our Own Death' and others
- Therapy, such as counselling, psychotherapy and coaching, offers a safe, confidential space to talk about your feelings and concerns. You might talk about difficult events in your life or your relationships and emotions. Or you might have negative thoughts and behaviours that you want to change.
- You are free to bring any topic to the session. We can explore your problems through not just talking, but also through your writings, art-work and night-time dreams. Between sessions I may suggest an activity for you to reflect on the ideas and issues discussed to facilitate your ongoing process towards growth and change.
- Reflexology is a non-invasive complementary health therapy that can be effective in promoting deep relaxation and wellbeing.
- With ever increasing levels of stress in everyday life, it is important for people to take more responsibility for their own healthcare needs. Reflexology may be one of the ways to mitigate the stresses of modern life.
- Reducing stress in people’s lives can be key in optimising good health and building resilience.
- What I bring to the healing sessions are the boundaries and ethics of a psychotherapist together with the open heart and compassionate influence of the spiritual world.
- I am sometimes asked if I have made up my names? I haven't! Both were given to me at birth for a purpose and I'm really proud to have them.
- Do please do telephone me to discuss your needs
Cambridge 01223 861709 or London 0207 359 6749
and some break.
I have a tend
ency to bend.
Those that bend
sustain an ache,
but those that break
Pamela Good (My Aunt)